RStudio is now Posit!
Our professional products have been renamed to Posit Connect, Posit Workbench, Posit Package Manager, Posit Cloud, and Posit Academy so it’s easier for folks to understand that we support more than just R. Please review our Blog post/FAQ to answer commonly asked questions about the rebrand.
Posit Workbench, formerly RStudio Workbench, is the preferred data analysis and integrated development experience for professional R users and data science teams who use R and Python. Posit Workbench enables the collaboration, centralized management, metrics, security, and commercial support that professional data science teams need to operate at scale.
Some of the functionality that Workbench provides is:
- The ability to develop in Workbench and Jupyter
- Load balancing
- Tutorial API
- Data connectivity and Posit Professional Drivers (formerly RStudio Professional Drivers)
- Collaboration and project sharing
- Scale with Kubernetes and SLURM
- Authentication, access, & security
- Run multiple concurrent R and Python sessions
- Remote execution with Launcher
- Auditing and monitoring
- Advanced R and Python session management
The following documentation helps an administrator install and configure Workbench. It provides information for installing the product on different operating systems, configuring authentication, upgrading Workbench, and setting up integrations with other systems and Posit products.